Road and Building Electrical Circle, Gandhinagar
(Fax) 079-232 54176
Sachivalaya Complex Electrical Division,Gandhinagar
Capital Project Elect.Division,Gandhinagar
Ahmedabad Elect.Division-1,, Ahmedabad
Ahmedabad Elect. Division -2, Ahmedabad
High Court Elect. Division, Ahmedabad
Rajkot Elect. Division, Rajkot
Vadodara Elect.Division, Vadodara
The main activities of this wing is to plan, execute and maintain all the electrical installation, in State owned buildings. The activity starts right from planning, estimation, tendering, execution to maintain and repair of internal and external electrical installations including road and compound lights, water supply pumps, H.T. sub- stations with internal distribution system lifts, air conditioning and sound systems in state owned residential as well as non residential building viz-Secretarial Buildings, Assembly Building, Gujarat High Court Building, Various Circuit Houses, Anexi Houses, Various Office Buildings, Govt. Hospital, Medical and Engineering Colleges with Hostel Buildings Auditoriums and Gujarat Bhavan at New Delhi, through Eight Electrical Divisions and Twenty Three Sub-Divisions with skilled maintenance staff under them in the entire state Gujarat.
In addition to this electrical installation in the Govt. Office sitting in private building are also executed and maintained by this wing as per the requirements of the concerned State department.
Moreover, this wing deputes experienced electrical engineers to various projects\ departments, viz.,- Sardar Sarovar Narmada Nigam Ltd., Irrigation projects, Slum Clearance Board etc.
The role of Electrical Wing under Roads & Buildings Department is not confined to electrical installations only but this wing introduces new electrical items which are manufacturer as per Indian Standard specifications and are tested proved and accepted in the electrical field.
Keeping in pace with the fast development in the communication field lates Communication Systems in State Secretarial Buildings, Governor House, High Court Building and Public Address System in State Assembly Building, Governor House, state owned and run Auditorium Building are provided and maintained by this Wing.
The Electrical wing accomplished the different State level Govt. Functions with highly active and committed team work. Role of Electrical wing in such functions mainly comprises with lighting, Sound System, LED Screen, Building and Roads decorative illuminations, generators and everything in electrical.
1.Following workshops have been established to carry out the repairs departmentally to the Govt. Machineries and vehicles of R&B Department (State and Panchayat) and all other Govt. Departments (excluding police and Ports.)
(i) Central workshop at Odhav. (ii) Regional workshops at Rajkot and Vadodara.
2. Drilling Works by diamond core Drilling machines for exploration works for foundation base of buildings and bridges, are being done by Drilling Division, Ahmedabad and its 2 sub-divisions located at Ahmedabad and Baroda.
3. Inspection of Unserviceable Machinery/Vehicles of R&B Department, Panchayat & other Govt. Departments to fix upset value and to issue Right-off-Certificates.
4. To look after the maintenance, repairs and operation of Hot Mix plants/ Drum Mix plants and its allied Machineries of R&B Department for producing Hot Mix for road Constructions. These plants are located at-
5. Maintenance, Operation and repairs of inspection vehicles at Ahmedabad pool and Gandhinagar pool.
6. Maintenance, & repairs of Heavy Earth Moving Machine of R&B Department.
7. Monitoring and Inventory control of all Machineries / Vehicles Road Rollers, Trucks, Tippers, Water Tankers, Jeeps, Cars, Heavy Machineries etc.
8. Servicing, maintenance and repairs to Machineries at site by Mobile Service Units.
9. Fabrication of Water Tanker at Vadodara / Ahmedabad.
10. Purchase of Machineries and Vehicles of R&B Dept.
11. Inspection of hot mix plants / drum mix plants & pavers owned by the private contractors working under R&B Dept. for quality control of hot mix.
12. Annual physical verification of machineries & vehicles of the State Govt. as well as Central Government.
13. Inspection of mechanical rides of various Lok melas,private agencies/contractors during Festivals.
14. Inspection of Crushing plants owned by the private contractors by checking of VSI/HIS installation in crushing plant.
15. Procurements of specialized equipment i.e.GERI equipment,Gym equipment,Sports equipment,Physio therapy equipment
વર્ષ ૨૦૧૬-૧૭ ના કામગીરી મુલ્યાંકન અહેવાલની કામગીરી સાથી" સોફ્ટ્વેર અંતર્ગત ઓન લાઇન ભરવા બાબત, પરિપત્ર તા. ૨૭.૦૨.૨૦૧૭
Appointment on National level project monitors NLMPs